Who doesn’t occasionally crave a big basket of French Fries dipped in tangy ketchup? It’s only natural! So rather than throw your results out the window by chowing down on some seriously greasy fries that propel your eating habits on a downward spiral, try these Tofu Baked Fries.
There’s no need for a fryer, these fries get nice and crispy on the outside by simply baking. Also feel free to get creative with the spices – if you like Cajun then throw in some garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
Or if you prefer sweet throw in some cinnamon and coconut palm sugar.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- 1 (14oz) block of firm tofu
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- dash of sea salt
- dash of black pepper
- pinch of fresh parsley, minced
- dash of Parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the block of tofu from the packaging and place on a few folded paper towels. Place another couple of paper towels on top of the tofu and top with a couple of cans of food. Leave the tofu like this, to drain off excess liquid, for 10 minutes.
- Slice the tofu into ½ inch French Fry-like pieces. Lightly grease a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil and arrange the fries in a single layer. Brush the tops of the fries with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the remaining ingredients.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until golden and crispy. Serve with ketchup. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 187 calories, 13g fat, 3g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 17g protein.