Today I’m sharing a healthy recipe with you that will please your taste buds while taking you one step closer to achieving your fitness goals. The honey-mustard glaze has a wonderful tangy flavor. Remember to add healthy side dishes for a complete fitness meal that will satisfy without weighing you down.
All of that hard work that you put into your workouts can quickly and easily be lost on unhealthy eating – which is why it’s so important to enjoy light, protein-filled meals like this one.
What You Need
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pre-heat your grill. If using coals, heat until the coals turn gray and there are no longer strong flames, 35-45 minutes.
- Combine honey, mustard, lemon peel, soy sauce and garlic. Mix well. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce. Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Cook the chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side. Brush with the reserved sauce, and continue cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes per side, until chicken registers 170 degrees F on a meat thermometer. Serve with a side of veggies. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 183 calories, 2g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 28g protein.