Who needs fast food when you have delicious soup at home?
Making a large pot of homemade soup will set you up for days of healthy quick meals!
This soup is filled with nutritious ingredients like fresh kale and pinto beans which lend savory flavors and wholesome fiber.
Swapping out a heavy meal with a light cup of this homemade soup is a fantastic way to reduce your overall calories for the day and to help you make progress towards your fitness goal.
What You Need
- 1 cup dried pinto beans
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 bouillon cubes
- dash of freshly ground sea salt
- dash of freshly ground pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed between your fingers
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 2 bunches kale, chopped
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add the beans and cook for 60-90 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. In your soup pot heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cooked beans, water, bouillon, salt, pepper, bay leaves, rosemary, and carrots. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Add the kale and cook another 15 minutes or until kale is tender. Add more water if needed.
Remove the bay leaves, add more salt and pepper if needed.
One serving equals: 112 calories, 2g fat, 20g carbohydrate, 7.3g fiber, and 6g protein.