Salty, crunchy snack foods are a weakness for most people.
Instead of eating chips or popcorn or crackers, which quickly add up in unwanted pounds, make a batch of these delicious, crunchy kale chips. Kale chips are low in carbs and make a delicious crunchy snack.
What you need
- 1 bunch kale, washed and torn, stems discarded
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl mix the kale pieces with all of the ingredients.
- Spread evenly on foil-lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 minutes, watching closely that they do not burn. Remove from oven when crispy.
One serving equals 51 calories, 3g fat, 68mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein