This delicious dish is made with egg whites and sautéed vegetables and makes a wonderful light breakfast. Enjoy with salsa for an added kick.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it sets the tone for your eating throughout the rest of the day.
Starting your day with a nutritious, filling and protein-packed meal like this one will keep you on track with your food choices all day long.
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What You Need
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- ¾ cup egg whites (about 4 large egg whites)
- 2 wheat tortillas
- ¼ of a small avocado
- A dash of Paprika
- A dash of Garlic salt
- Spray a medium frying pan with cooking spray. Sauté the onion, bell pepper and garlic until soft. Add the tomato and egg whites. Cook until the egg whites have set.
- Divide the egg and veggie mixture between the tortillas and fold like a taco.
- Slice the avocado and sprinkle it with paprika and garlic salt. Arrange the avocado on each taco and serve.
One serving equals: 243 calories, 5g fat, 35g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 15g protein.